- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLEâPineapple Slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 skinless, boneless, small chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup light prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)4 ciabatta rolls or other rustic sandwich rolls
- Red or green bell pepper, sliced in rings
Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
Combine reserved juice, oregano and garlic powder in medium bowl. Pour 1/4 cup into shallow non-metallic dish. Add chicken breasts to dish; turn to coat both sides with marinade. Cover; marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
Add pineapple slices to bowl; turn to coat both sides.
Grill or broil chicken, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, 8 minutes turn over, add pineapple slices to grill continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and pineapple is golden brown. Discard any remaining marinade.
Combine dressing and red pepper. Spread on bottom halves of rolls. Top with chicken, bell pepper rings, pineapple slices and top halves of rolls.